Hello! Welcome to my Psychiatry Practice. One of the blessings of our age is the ability to diagnose and treat mental health conditions that in the past were wrongly attributed to lack of will power, ‘character’ issues or problems being ‘all in your head’. Mental health conditions can cause barriers to achievement, decreased job performance, relationship problems, prolonged suffering, loss of job, loss of marriage, or worse. With effective treatment increased life achievement, better relationships and decreased suffering can occur. — Ignacio Valdes, MD, MS
We will be offering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) treatment March 2017.
We do individualized DNA testing of Psychiatric medication responsiveness with GeneSight.
7505 Fannin, Suite 170
Bellaire, Tx 77054
- Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology 2005, recertified 10/31/2016.
- Brain Imaging fellowships at Baylor College of Medicine, Michael E. Debakey Veterans Affairs Hospital and the University of Texas.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Psychiatry residency at the Mental Sciences Institute at the University of Texas Houston.
- Author of Astronaut VistA Installer.
- Founder, Executive director Harris County Health Information Cooperative.
- Founder, editor-in-chief of Linux Medical News.
- Student mentor.
- Member of both the Texas Medical Association and the Houston Psychiatric Society.
- Adjunct faculty at the University of Texas School of Health Information Sciences.
- Member International Society for Research on Impulsivity (ISRI).
- Member and Working Group Chair, American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA).
- Society for Neuroscience.
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
- Resident of the year award, 2001.
- Inaugural International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) Open Source Achievement Award.
I am a Board Certified Psychiatrist offering treatment for Psychiatric disorders such as:
- Adjustment disorders.
- Pychotic disorders.
- Substance use disorders.
- Anxiety disorders.
Treatment modalities offered are:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group Therapy.
- Telepsychiatry, including private, discreet appointments by video-camera in your home or office.
Things that are respected in my practice:
- Spirituality and religion.
- Science of medicine.
In addition to the above services, I am also a Health Information Technology consultant.
Once again, welcome to my practice.
Ignacio H. Valdes, MD, MS